Medicare Annual Wellness Visits
This is a free yearly health planning visit to discuss your general health and wellness.
We work with you to create a personal prevention plan that helps you stay healthy and avoid getting sick
What’s included in the Medicare Annual Wellness Visits?
- A review of your medical and family history
- Gather and review a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- A list of risk factors and treatment options
- Personalized health advice
- A screening schedule (like a checklist) for appropriate preventative services
Why should you have a Medicare Annual Wellness Visit?
The visit is covered by Medicare at 100%. In most cases your visits with your doctor are addressing a specific ailment or chronic condition. However, during the Annual Wellness Visit our wellness providers can focus on overall health and provides a plan for the next 5 to 10 years. These visits are performed by licensed Practice Nurses (LPN), Registered Nurses (RN), Advanced Practitioners (APRN/PA’s) and Physicians.